Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Something good happened in 2010!!!

*GASP*

Well two things actually. The first being I bought a car. My very own first ever car that I purchased all on my own. *smile* Got her in March. Uhhh...then she got towed about a week later and i had to pay $300 damn dollars to get her out, blew out a back tire on the highway and needed a serpentine belt replacement all within the first month, BUT that's neither here nor there. She's right outside safe and sound and I've destroyed all bus passes.

The second good thing is that my friend from Mills, Kiala G., created and published an amazing Literary Magazine, Generations. The first volume was just released a few months ago and it's beautiful. She asked me to contribute to the next volume and i'm beyond honored. To top it off, she wants me to conduct and write an interview with the super-talented, hella fierce spoken-word slam poet, Rachel McKibbens.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, yall dont understand. Her book of poetry, Pink Elephant, is the best ever. Her writing is so blunt and in your face and so damn REAL. She has been a huge inspiration for me ever since i was exposed to her so this is beyond unreal for me right now. So happy for the opportunity. THANK YOU KIALA :-)

SO yeah. 2010 wasn't 100% sucky. I'll give credit to where it's due. 98% sucky. lol.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Chanel! Nice to see you back in the blogging world. Let us know when the Literary Magazine comes out and if you need any people to interview..I know some amazing folks down here in LA that I could hook you up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @luna Thank you! It feels good to be back. I'm blogging heavily over at www.notanotherloveblog.blogspot.com and at www.adivasrainbow.blogspot.com

    I'll definitely hit you up about other people to interview. Hope all is well with u !!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comment away and play nice! I don't bite.