Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My hair!

It's been a minute since i've updated my hair tales. As of today i'm 9 weeks and 5 days post relaxer. My hair is actually doing quite well! The new growth is pretty thick, especially in the middle of my head, but since I stopped putting heat on it and have been strict with following my moisture regimen, it's extremely soft and manageable. *yayyy!* I have only blow dried and flat ironed one time in the past 5 weeks and that was for pride wkend. [ my hair had 2 be hangin & swangin even if it was only for a few hrs before i had my head in the toilet :( ]

Air drying, moisturizing with Wave Nouveau, ORS olive oil lotion & Elasta QP Mango Butter <---New Product!!* and sealing with either my Hot 6 oil or my Doo Grow Mega thick oil...has my hair HAPPY as i dont kno what. I've also been bunning daily to keep my ends healthy.

I'm sooo anxious to relax! I'm holding out until Friday July 31. I'll be eleven weeks post and I think that's about the extent i'll be able to make it this time around. My Nourishair vitamins & my regimen is really making this a great summer of growth! I just hope I can retain most if not all of the length. I feel like im obsessed with looking at every strand of hair that comes out of my head. I have been a little worried with the amount of short pieces of hair i'm seeing on my shirt and around my sink when I comb. It's not a whole lot but the fact that any is breaking off at all bothers and perplexes me. With as much moisture and oils I have in my head, i dont think i should have any breakage at all!! [ grrrrrr ] Im thinking of upping my protein use just a tad. Maybe that will stop it. Another thing that's bothering me is the back of my head is soo freakin sore! My scalp all along the back is tender to the touch and hurts when I comb it. Wtf is that!? Never happened b4 and its scaring the crap outta me. I googled the symptoms and some people said ponytails in the same spot can cause it, lots of new growth can cause soreness (a lil wierd) or an allergic reaction to a product. I dont kno but this has 2 stop or I wont be able to relax my hair next wkend :(





Today's bun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away and play nice! I don't bite.