Tuesday, January 20, 2009

That's MR. PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA TO YOU!

This will be short and sweet. Today, the first African American man was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States and it happened in my lifetime. My parents, born in the 50's (well actually my dad born in '48) never thought this day would come. I, being born in a slightly more race conscious era, never said never, but I did say yeah right we'll see when it happens. Well, it happened. And I couldn't be happier. May God watch over, protect and guide President Obama's heart and mind, while keeping his head firmly grounded and planted upon strong shoulders of civil duty, honor and strength. First Lady Michelle, you are a beautiful, strong, kind hearted woman and may little girls around this country look up to you and recognize a REAL black woman when they see one. God bless our First Family.

Oh and the BEST part of the swearing in ceremony (after the actual pledge for historic purposes) was Rev. Joseph Lowery's benediction prayer, hands down. "When Black is no longer told to get back, brown can stick around, yellow can be mellow, red can get ahead and white will [finally] embrace what is right" lmao. Gotta love him.


P.S. And yes I did like Michelle's gold sparkly dress with the matching coat, but i'm still waiting for her ball gown appearance tonight. Fingers crossed for something purple or pink and divaish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away and play nice! I don't bite.