Monday, January 5, 2009

Top 10 memories of 2008

2008 came and went so unbelievably fast that I sorta feel as if i've been in a drug induced haze for the first half of it. I swear New Years 08 just happened! I was just passed out at the bus stop in Oakland in the freezing cold after tossing back 10 too many tequila shots at that new years eve party! It really does feel like that just happened yesterday. But alas, 08 is but a passing relic of time, filled with memories, some beautiful...some not. Here are my Top 10 most memorable moments of the year:


10. Passing out at the AC transit bus stop on New yrs eve. (Did I already mention that?) That night was quite fun. Danced a lot, drank even more, and then proceeded to sprawl myself out across the entire bus bench, mouth open, head cocked back and to the side, while people walked past my girlfriend, asking her if I was dead.

9. The birth of my Godson, Amauri on May 9th and of adorable little Elijah on March 15th.

8. Going to see the Dark Knight in San Francisco at 3:30 in the morning at the Metreon. And I would do it again in a heartbeat.

7. Reading that email that I'm pretty sure was never intended for me to read but if I hadn't, who knows where 'WE' would be right now.

6. The day our therapist looked at us, smiled and said "Well, it looks as if our work here might be done."

5. Going to my first lesbian wedding :-)

4. Going to New york and consequently becoming obsessed with one day moving there.

3. Sending off my application and collection of poems for my $10,000 grant.

2. Celebrating my 3rd year being in a relationship with the most beautiful person i've ever known, inside and out.

1. Election day 2008. You already know the outcome and I couldn't have been more elated.


I could probably come up with 20 of these but it's a new yr, which means i'm almost a year older and my brain is tired. Come back next year for ten more!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh lawd...the not the AC Transit bus bench. Girl, that sounds hilarious.

    Sounds like you have some great memories from the year!

    And you're so right about the year passing by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away and play nice! I don't bite.